You are here:
Our Homes can never be 100% safe. We can bar our doors and windows. Put security cameras at all points of entry, and hire a full time guard to watch all the cameras. But the fact is, if someone wants to enter your house they will find a way inside. What can you do? Slow them down! Every home has the means of slowing down a crook, even without the cameras.
Here's some tips:
- Lock all doors, windows and gates! If you have locks, make sure they are the right type for the doors placement. Make sure all your windows have window locks. If you have a rear gate to your backyard, make sure to put a lock on it...!
- Keep your garage door closed!
- Light up your property! Put up motion detector lights around your doors (front & Rear). Make sure your backyard is well lit at night.
- Neighbors work with your neighbors to watch the alley during the day & night.
- Deliveries Get with your bottled water man and ask him to hide the bottle out of view. Behind a bush, or pillar in this case. Or get with a neighbor and have the water delivered there if they are home during the times the water is delivered.
- Keep shrubbery trimmed back Keep all your trees trimmed up four feet from the ground. This way no one can hid and your neighbors can keep an eye on your front door and windows.
- Alarm Signs Put the alarm signs where everyone can see them. People walking to your front door should notice the sign without searching. If the crook doesn't see the sign he may break a window to get inside. Once the alarm goes off he may still enter and grab something quick. Hey, he already broke the window, why not? If he sees a sign after approaching your home, he may just walk away and save himself the hassle.